KOIN 6 News Staff - PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) -- Around 87,000 people attended the 2016 Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival which helped the Oregon Food Bank reach its goal.
Ticket sales, special passes and blues cruise tickets brought in $1,043,571 for the Oregon Food Bank.
"We can't thank our attendees and sponsors enough for their generous support; without them we could not have reached our goal," Oregon Food Bank CEO Susannah Morgan said in a release. "The funds raised will provide millions of meals for families and individuals struggling with hunger in Oregon and Clark County, Washington."
Fans were treated to a mixture of veteran and venerable blues musicians, including Maceo Parker, as well as the fresh sounds from ZZ Ward, Ty Curtis, and Samantha Fish.
Jordan, Clippers beat Bucks after
Man stabbed in Milwaukie
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Initiative would ban the sale of assault weapons
- Oregon man admits using dead UK baby's passport
- Forest Grove police: Woman's death is 'suspicious'
- Officers use ATVs to increase homeless patrols