KOIN 6 News Staff - PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A 6-year-old boy, who had only been reported missing about 25 minutes earlier, died after being hit by a truck Monday night.
The Albany boy was reported missing around 9:30 p.m. Monday night, the Linn County Sheriff's Office said. Four deputies responded to look for the boy and the Oregon State Police joined in minutes later.
Around 9:55 p.m., dispatchers sent troopers to a crash on I-5 between a truck and a pedestrian about 3 miles south of Albany.
At least one commercial truck hit the pedestrian and 2 other vehicles may have been involved, authorities said. The pedestrian was the boy.
The investigation continues but officials said there appears to be no wrongdoing and the drivers are all cooperating. No names have been released, and investigators said the boy's name will not be released.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Flu season continues to hit Oregon hard
- Child killer re-sentenced in brutal 1994 slaying
- Lincoln City cleans up after waves damage businesses
- Many trails in Eagle Creek Fire area in bad shape