PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) - Three people suspected of a carjacking in Southeast Portland on March 8 were arrested after police spotted the stolen vehicle early Tuesday evening on SE 123rd Avenue.
The stolen car, a silver 2014 Subaru Forester with Oregon license plate 205-GUP, was spotted around 6:30 p.m., police said. They said they saw 3 juveniles get into the car and drive away. When police tried to stop the car, the driver fled and crashed into a parked car in the 4100 block of SE 102nd Avenue.
The 3 people in the car then got out and ran, police said. A search with K-9 officers found the 3 suspects in the 4000 block of SE 104th and were taken into custody without incident. Their names and ages have not been released.
That night, police said a man was driving on 117th Avenue when a teenaged boy knocked on his window. The teen was standing with 2 other boys, implied he had a gun and demanded the man and his son get out of the car. The victim did not see a gun.
The man fought with the first teen but the suspects got into the car and drove away. The teenaged son's cell phone was also stolen in the process.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Heidi Housley at 503.823.0400 or Heidi.Housley@portlandoregon.gov
Man stabbed in Milwaukie
1 person injured in NE Portland shooting
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Initiative would ban the sale of assault weapons
- Oregon man admits using dead UK baby's passport
- Forest Grove police: Woman's death is 'suspicious'
- Officers use ATVs to increase homeless patrols