KOIN 6 News Staff - LAKE OSWEGO, Ore. (KOIN) --- Lakeridge High School was evacuated due to an 'unusual odor' on Thursday morning, school officials told KOIN 6 News.
Nancy Duin, the Lake Oswego School District Director of Communications, says the smell was described as 'burning rubber.'
The Lake Oswego Fire Department investigated and determined the smell was coming from a belt in the HVAC system. Students were allowed back in the building around 9:30 a.m.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Nurse's heirloom ring stolen from SE Portland home
- WSU QB Tyler Hilinski found dead in apparent suicide
- Food cart operator accused of exposing himself to Uber driver
- Multiple fires have Astoria residents fearing fire bug