KOIN 6 News Staff - BEAVERCREEK, Ore. (KOIN) -- A Beavercreek man faces manslaughter charges after a Monday night shooting that left a 45-year-old man dead.
Monday night, the Clackamas County deputies were called to 17380 S. Buckner Creek Road because 2 men were fighting. When they arrived they found a man and woman performing CPR on Alvin Wallenstein. But the 45-year-old Molalla man was already dead of a gunshot wound to the chest.
After investigating, detectives arrested Howard D. Bunnell Jr., who lives at that address. He's charged with 1st-degree manslaughter and unlawful use of a weapon.
The investigation continues and evidence is still being collected at the crime scene, authorities said. The residence is "a multi-acre property in rural Beavercreek accessible by 2 long gravel driveways," the sheriff's office said in a release.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office at 503.723.4949.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Emergency shelters open across region
- Photos: Snow in Oregon and Washington
- Legacy Emanuel locked down after gunfire in parking lot
- Gym offers self-defense for survivors amid #MeToo