WASHINGTON (AP) — The Navy says a gunman who opened fire inside a building at the Washington Navy Yard was a full-time reservist from 2007 to 2011.
The Navy said in a release Monday that 34-year-old Aaron Alexis, of Texas, left the Navy on Jan. 31, 2011, as a petty officer 3rd class. It's not immediately clear why he left.
Alexis had been working for the fleet logistics support squadron No. 46, in Fort Worth, Texas. The Navy says his home of record was New York City.
Alexis was one of 13 people killed during the rampage.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
PGE crews, working to repair a failed underground cable that caused a fire and power outage on Sunday that left a large portion of downtown Portland -- including City Hall -- in the dark, will need until at least noon Tuesday to complete …
Rescue crews in Milwaukie are looking for at least one person who reportedly fell through the ice.
A 17-year-old Portland girl, described as "medically fragile," left her Southwest Portland home Monday afternoon and her family contacted police.
The website for Washington's health insurance exchange is back down again -- with new technical issues after problems last week took the website down for four days.