KOIN 6 News Staff - PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) -- After a 5-day run, the 30th annual Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival has come to an end.
The festival featured hundreds of performances to entertain guests, but it also helped feed the hungry.
The Blues Fest is a huge fundraiser for the Oregon Food Bank, and it's safe to say this year was a success.
The food bank raised nearly $1.2 million dollars, exceeding last year's total of $1,043,571. The money raised will help feed 270,000 people every month.
KOIN 6 News is a proud sponsor of the Waterfront Blues Festival.
Austin bombing suspect's uncle says he
Boost Mobile on NE 82nd Avenue robbed
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Initiative would ban the sale of assault weapons
- Oregon man admits using dead UK baby's passport
- Forest Grove police: Woman's death is 'suspicious'
- Officers use ATVs to increase homeless patrols