Amy Frazier and KOIN 6 News Staff - PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) -- Jorge Luis Sosa-Soler and Yaritzva Valdez-Almaguer recently moved to Portland from Cuba. Now, he is in the Multnomah County Jail accused of murdering her inside the Northeast Portland home where they lived.
Nearly a dozen Portland police units rushed to a home in the 6600 block of NE Glisan after the report around 1:20 p.m. Friday. Detectives found the body of Valdez-Almaguer. She was 31.
Sosa-Soler, 50, was seriously injured. Police said he stabbed her, then cut himself. He was taken to a hospital for treatment of serious injuries. He was then released to detectives and charged with murder.
Investigators told KOIN 6 News this was a domestic dispute. Sosa-Soler will be arraigned Monday.
Neighbors told KOIN 6 News they are shocked and uneasy.
"This whole neighborhood is nice," Ali Sheikh said. "My kids live here, I want to raise my kids down here. When stuff happens like this I have to lock my doors."
Glisan was shut down in both directions for the investigation.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Emergency shelters open across region
- Photos: Snow in Oregon and Washington
- Legacy Emanuel locked down after gunfire in parking lot
- Gym offers self-defense for survivors amid #MeToo