PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – Police are investigating an early Thanksgiving morning shooting in Old Town/Chinatown.
The shooting was reported shortly before 2:30 a.m. near the area of Northwest 2nd and Couch. As police responded, they got more information that led them to the area of Northwest 1st and Davis where they found evidence of a shooting.
The preliminary investigation indicated that an occupant of at least one vehicle was shooting at another vehicle. Witnesses told police that they heard multiple rounds being fired.
Officers came across two people who matched the suspects description at NW 4th Avenue and Couch Street and arrested 29-year-old Christian Emmanuel Ramirez-Sanchez, who dropped a handgun during a struggle with officers.
Another person, 27-year-old Carlos Fernando Ortega was arrested for cocaine possession.
At this point, no known gunshot victims have come forward.
Police are continuing to investigate. Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call the non-emergency line at 503.823.3333.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- WSU QB Tyler Hilinski found dead in apparent suicide
- 3-hour N. Portland standoff ends with suspect in custody
- Food cart operator accused of exposing himself to Uber driver
- Multiple fires have Astoria residents fearing fire bug