PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — It’s not just school supplies your kids need to be successful in class — but also good nutrition.
Parents should get their days started right with a healthy breakfast. Before the school year starts, now is the time to think about meal prep.
NestFresh’s Peachy Keen Pancake Recipe
- 1/2 Cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 Cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (8.5oz) sliced peaches in fruit juices
- 2 NestFresh Eggs
- 1 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Vegetable pan spray
- In small bowl, stir together yogurt, cheese and vanilla.
- Drain peaches, reserving juice. Chop peaches. Stir into yogurt mixture. Set aside. In 1-quart liquid measure, stir together 1/4 cup of the reserved juice, eggs and sugar until blended.
- In small bowl, stir together baking mix and cinnamon. Add to egg mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
- Heat skillet or griddle over medium heat until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water (380º F. for electric griddle). Lightly coat with pan spray. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on top. Before bubbles break, turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve hot topped with reserved peach mixture.