PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — It’s the perfect time of year to head to the farmers market and pick up all kinds of fresh produce! So why not turn it into a hearty salad?
Best-selling author and nutritionist Rania Batayneh has some ideas.
AM Extra’s Emily Burris joined her in the kitchen to mix up a roasted potato salad in a sweet mango vinaigrette.
This salad is made with 6 simple ingredients and dressed with a sweet and savory mango vinaigrette. You can use any quantity of vegetables that you would like in this salad. The roasted baby red potatoes give this salad staying power, and the other ingredients complement each other by adding more texture, crunch, and fiber. It’s perfect for the summer or any time of year.
- Sugar snap peas
- Crunchy chickpeas
- Shaved parmesan
- Baby red potatoes, chopped, drizzled with avocado oil, seasoned with salt or preferred spices. Roast in the oven at 400 degrees F for 50 minutes or until golden brown
HOW TO MAKE THE MANGO VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 large mango, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tbsp plain water or unsweetened coconut water (without pulp)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Process until smooth and transfer to a serving container. Dress the salad just before eating.
- This dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for several days.
Batayneh, MPH is the #1 Amazon Bestselling Author of The One One One Diet. For more recipes, you can follow Batayneh on Instagram at @raniabatayneh. You can also purchase a copy of her book, The One One One Diet on Amazon. To learn more about working together, you can contact Batayneh on her website.
Watch how to make this salad in the video player above.