PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Instead of walking the plank this holiday season, why not use those planks as decorations? These Christmas tree planks could be the savior of your home decor.
DIY expert Shannon Quimby with Parr Lumber shared how to create this craft on AM Extra.
- Three pieces of 1×4 spruce wood each cut 24” long
- Dark wood stain
- Watercolor paintbrushes in various sizes
- Acrylic white paint
- Upholstery tacks
- HammerRope or twine
- Stain wood, wipe of excess and let dry
- Sketch an outline of three different tree shapes/designs, one on each board
- With white paint, paint over each tree design and let dry
- Cut three pieces of rope 12” long
- Place one end of rope along the edge of the board approximately 2 inches from the top of the board
- With hammer, tap an upholstery tack on the rope’s end, securing it to the board
- Repeat step 6 alongside the board’s other edge
- Do steps 6 and 7 for the other two boards
Want to win one of these from Shannon? Enter her DIY with Parr Lumber Giveaway!
1) Follow on Instagram: @parrlumberco and Facebook: Parr Lumber Company
2) Tag 2 friends in the comments
3) Share this post to your story
4) Congratulations! YOU’RE IN! Good Luck!