PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) – According to nutritionist and best-selling author Rania Batayneh, these popsicles are the perfect balance of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
Batayneh joined AM Extra Wednesday to share the recipe.
Make it at home
- 4 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 16 oz. POM Wonderful 100-percent pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup pistachios- ground to a pistachio butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios to sprinkle on top before serving
- In a bowl, mix 2 cups of yogurt with 8 oz. of POM Wonderful 100-percent pomegranate juice with a spoon. Once blended, add the other 2 cups of yogurt with the remaining pomegranate juice. Mix again.
- Use a spoon to transfer the mixture to the popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- To remove popsicles, run each stick under warm water to loosen.
- To serve, dip in ground pistachio butter and sprinkle chopped pistachios on top.
Yield: 12 popsicles.