PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Local author Erin Donley‘s latest self-help book could not have come at a better time for many people feeling helpless during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Don’t Tell me to Calm Down adheres to five themes that Donley says can help people navigate through the unprecedented circumstances:
– Deal with people you can’t stand
– Use your voice to influence change
– Be present for another person’s pain
– Respond to verbal abuse without getting trampled
– Walk in the world with acceptance for yourself
The book also offers an explanation of what Donley calls #OppressivePositivity and the price we pay for enforcing it.
Follow KOIN 6 for the latest news and weather