Dr. Jen Bruns, DVM Veterinarian with WellHaven Pet joined AM Extra Wednesday to talk about best practices for protecting your fur baby from ticks and fleas.
- Fleas and Ticks are more than nuisance for you and your pet
- Even one flea can cause an issue:. A single flea can lay as many as 2,000eggs. That means that a single female flea can cause a serious infestation a matter of weeks.
- Fleas can cause skin irritation and disease to pets skin and to you too!
- Fleas also carry tapeworms which can infect your pet
- Both Fleas and Ticks also carry disease such as bubonic plague and lyme disease that can make you and your pet ill
- Good News – There are several methods of ways to control fleas and ticks this summer. Make sure to consult with your vet to find the best one for your situation.