PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Time to spring into the season of freshly picked produce! There’s nothing better this time of year than loading up on crunchy veggies, and nutritionist and best-selling author Rania Batayneh has some tips to make them really shine.
Super Green Pasta Salad, Serves 6
In this delicious Super Green Pasta Salad, the Cilantro Jalapeño dressing from Green Garden gives the pasta salad the perfect blend of creamy and zesty flavors! Green Garden dressings are a plant-based and dairy-free dressing option made with non-GMO ingredients and 0g added sugar. This pasta salad is vegan, plant-powered and filled with tons of green goodness!
· 3 cups penne pasta, cooked
· 2 cups of Spinach
· 1 cup green peas, boiled. Allow to cool before adding into the salad
· 1 large green pepper, chopped
· 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
· ½ cup Cilantro Jalapeño Green Garden salad dressing
· 5 basil leaves, chopped to sprinkle before serving.
1. In a bowl, add the pasta and dress with the Cilantro Jalapeño Green Garden salad dressing. Toss gently.
2. Combine remaining ingredients, tossing gently between ingredients.
3. Serve in a bowl and top with chopped basil. Enjoy!
For more of Rania’s recipes, you can visit her website EssentialNutritionForYou.com and follow her on Instagram @raniabatayneh. To purchase a copy of her book, The One One One Diet, you can visit Amazon.
Green Garden dressings can be found in the refrigerated produce department at Safeway stores in the Portland area. For more information and recipe inspiration, visit https://www.eatgreengarden.com