PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — For the 6th year in a row, people have chosen Portland International Airport as the Best Domestic Airport.
Travel + Leisure released the results for its annual “World’s Best Awards” survey on Tuesday — saying “bigger isn’t always better when it comes to the most beloved airports in America.”
PDX topped the list with a score of 80.70 — and not just because of its famous PDX carpet.
Readers said the airport is great at creating a “smooth experience” for travelers, which includes hassle-free security checkpoints.
Like the city, PDX offers a wide variety of food and entertainment options.
One reader wrote, “Where else can you sample local liquors, watch free short films, purse Pendleton blankets and enjoy a rotating art exhibit before a flight?”
Port of Portland later responded to the title by thanking voters and giving credit to the more than 10,000 PDX employees who made it possible.
What other airports made the list?
- Portland International Airport, Oregon
- Indianapolis International Airport
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
- Tampa International Airport
- Pittsburgh International Airport
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport
- John Wayne Airport, Orange County, California
- Palm Beach International Airport
- Dallas Love Field