Electric turkey smoker sets SW Portland home on fire

Multnomah County

No injuries reported

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — An electric turkey smoker too close to a house caused a fire that brought crews from both Portland and Lake Oswego to the scene early Thanksgiving morning.

The fire in the 10400 block of SW Ridgeview Lane began on the outside of the home and moved along the siding to the roof, then spread across the home.

The crews checked the large home for signs the fire spread in the attic and roof and managed to get the fire under control in a relatively short time.

Two adults and a child, along with 3 cats, escaped safely. No one was hurt. Officials estimate the damage at $75,000.

Follow KOIN 6 for the latest news and weather

App

Download our FREE news and weather apps for iPhone, iPad and Android. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and sign up for our email newsletters.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Top Headlines

More News

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Twitter News Widget