PGE official: Car break-in fire spreads to house

Multnomah County

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A house caught on fire when someone was trying to break into a car, causing an electrical fire, according to a Portland General Electric official.

Portland Fire & Rescue responded to a house fire early Tuesday morning in Northeast Portland.

A PGE official told KOIN 6 News it started when someone trying to break into a car caused an electrical fire on Northeast Multnomah Street, which Portland Fire & Rescue said started around 2:30 a.m. That fire then spread to the side of the house where the car was parked.

No injuries were reported.

It is unclear whether a criminal investigation has started, and there have been no arrests reported.

According to nearby neighbors, police officers did not show up at the scene.

KOIN 6 has reached out to PF&R for more details.

The investigation is ongoing.

This is a developing story.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Twitter News Widget

Trending Stories