Residents evacuate home after chimney catches fire

Local

Fire crews responded to the scene around 10 p.m.

A Sheridan home’s chimney caught fire on Sunday,
March 8, 2020. (Courtesy: Sheridan FD)

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Residents inside a Sheridan home evacuated themselves after the chimney began smoking late Sunday night.

Fire crews responded to the scene around 10 p.m. They found burning ash coming from the chimney even though the wood stove was not burning. Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze quickly and kept the damage to a minimum.

The occupants of the house had already evacuated once fire crews arrived and no injuries were reported.

Remember to keep all heating appliances clean and well-maintained to avoid fires throughout the year.

Follow KOIN 6 for the latest news and weather

App

Download our FREE news and weather apps for iPhone, iPad and Android. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and sign up for our email newsletters.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss