Army recruiter from Troutdale held on $16M bail

News
marquez_1526103943783.jpg

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A Troutdale man on active duty with the US Army was arraigned Monday on a 107-count indictment connected to child sex crimes, the Multnomah County DA’s Office said.

Antonio Francisco Marquez, who was previously indicted in May 2018 on 6 counts of sex abuse with one minor victim, now is accused of sexually abusing 3 children under the age of 14. 

A grand jury heard from 5 witnesses in December 2018 who hadn’t testified in the first grand jury hearing. This new indictment alleges Marquez “used all three victims in various displays of sexually explicit conduct to create visual recordings of child pornography” at points between October 2015 and May 2018, the DA’s office said.

The 107 counts break down this way:

> 26 counts of sexual abuse in the first degree
> 35 counts of using a child in a display of sexually explicit conduct
> 44 counts of encouraging child sexual abuse in the second degree
> 2 counts of sodomy in the first degree

Marquez, 41, was arraigned New Year’s Eve morning in Multnomah County and his bail was set at $15,970,000. His next court date is set for February 11, 2019.

He was assigned to the Gresham Recruiting Station with the United States Army but was on suspension pending the outcome of the criminal investigation. He was also a parent volunteer at Troutdale Elementary School.

The investigation continues and anyone with information is asked to call the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Tip Line at 503.988.0560.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Twitter News Widget