PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Cathy Whims, chef and owner of Nostrana, and a six-time James Beard Award finalist, joined AM Extra live from Italy!
She’s blending worldly recipes with fresh local ingredients from Eugene-based Nancy’s Probiotic Foods for a delicious brunch idea that’s as decadent as dessert!
Nancy’s Yogurt Panna Cotta: Serves 4
- 1 1/2 tsp. unflavored, powdered gelatin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Nancy’s Whole Milk Yogurt
- ½ cup sugar
- In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over 1 1/2 Tbs of the water and let soften for 3 minutes without stirring.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, warm cream with sugar.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatin. Gradually whisk in the yogurt.
- Pour cream mixture into 4 ounce ramekins and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, top with fresh fruit or seasonal compote.