Neighbors rescue dog when Beaverton house catches fire

News

No one was hurt in the fire

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) –A family helped rescue their neighbor’s dog when a fire started in their Beaverton home Tuesday afternoon.

The dog was in the backyard but no one else was home when the house on Southwest 150th Avenue just north of Walker Road started burning.

“The whole front of the house was shooting flames up, the tree caught on fire,” neighbor Kirstin Davis said. “The propane tank exploded, it was really very dramatic.”

Davis and her husband ran to get the dog, who was in the back yard of the burning house.

“We just looked at each other and said ‘oh my God, the dog,” Davis said. “He went right and I went left and we both got into the backyard. I didn’t know where the dog was and she went right to my husband apparently.”

Firefighters had a difficult time fighting the fire because there was a lot of stuff in the house and a live downed powerline nearby. The roof also partially collapsed.

Two firefighters were treated for heat exhaustion due to the extreme heat. Crews had to frequently rotate so they could cool down.

The house is a complete loss and two people have been displaced.

Remember to follow KOIN 6 News on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Download our free news and weather apps for the latest headlines and forecast information.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Top Headlines

More News

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Twitter News Widget