LIVE NOW /
Watch KOIN 6 News streaming now

Hillsboro man guilty of 18 counts of child sex abuse

Crime

Alvaro Noe Mendoza-Valencia was extremely uncooperative during his trial, officials said

Alvaro Noe Mendoza-Valencia, 44, was convicted of child sex abuse in Washington County, Sept. 12, 2019. (Washington County Sheriff’s Office)

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A Washington County jury found a Hillsboro man guilty of 18 counts of child sex abuse last week.

Alvaro Noe Mendoza-Valencia was convicted on charges ranging from rape and sodomy to creating child porn and unlawful sexual penetration — involving 3 underage girls.

One of the girls reported the abuse to a relative in 2016. But an investigation wasn’t launched until the relative later passed the story on to a victim advocate, who then notified Hillsboro police.

Investigators learned from the girls that the abuse had been happening for several years. They said Mendoza-Valencia threatened to hurt them or their loved ones if they ever told anyone.

Mendoza-Valencia will be sentenced on Sept. 25.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Top Headlines

More News

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Twitter News Widget