PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — After a buck deer was unlawfully shot and killed on a private property in Clackamas County, officials are seeking public assistance in identifying a suspect.
Oregon State Police’s Fish & Wildlife division says the buck was killed on a property near the intersection of South Hult Road. and South Olson Road.
“The buck deer was loaded onto a camouflage sled and concealed under a tree. A dark-colored 4×4 pickup truck with a canopy (possibly a Toyota Tundra) was in the area at the time of the illegal kill. The buck deer was able to be salvaged and was donated to charity,” OSP said in a release.
Anyone with information about this incident can contact Trooper Marcus Tiktin at 971-719-3232 or Senior Trooper Robin May at 503-983-0768.
Read more about the OSP’s tip reward program:
The Turn In Poachers (TIP) program offers preference points or cash rewards for information leading to an arrest or issuance of a citation, to a suspect, for the unlawful killing of wildlife, and or waste of big game. Cash rewards can also be awarded for turning in people who destroy habitat, illegally obtain licenses/tags, and for the unlawful lending/borrowing of big game tags. Learn more: https://www.oregon.gov/osp/programs/fw/Pages/tip.aspx
PREFERENCE POINT REWARDS:
- 5 Points-Mountain Sheep
- 5 Points-Rocky Mountain Goat
- 5 Points-Moose
- 5 Points-Wolf
- 4 Points-Elk
- 4 Points-Deer
- 4 Points-Antelope
- 4 Points-Bear
- 4 Points-Cougar
Oregon Hunters Association (OHA) Cash Rewards:
- $1,000 Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat, and Moose
- $500 Elk, Deer, and Antelope
- $300 Bear, Cougar, and Wolf
- $300 Habitat Destruction
- $200 – Illegally obtaining Oregon hunting or angling license or tags
- $200 – Unlawful Lending/Borrowing Big Game Tag(s)
- $100 Upland Birds and Waterfowl
- $100 Game Birds or Furbearers
- $100 Game Fish and Shellfish
Oregon Wildlife Coalition (OWC) Cash Rewards:
- Birds: $500 — Hawk, Falcon, Eagle, Owl, Osprey
- All other protected avian species: see category below for listed species
- Mammals: $500 — Cougar, Bobcat, Beaver (public lands only), Black bears, Bighorn Sheep, Marten, Fisher, Sierra Nevada Red Fox
- Species listed as ‘threatened’ or ‘endangered’ under state or federal Endangered Species Act excluding fish: $1,000 — (e.g. wolf, wolverine, kit fox, red tree vole, Canada lynx, sea otter, Columbian white-tailed deer, California brown pelican, western snowy plover, California least tern, northern spotted owl, marbled murrelet, short-tailed albatross, streaked horned lark, yellow-billed cuckoo, leatherback sea turtle, olive ridley sea turtle, Oregon spotted frog, green sea turtle or loggerhead sea turtle)