PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — An apartment fire in Northwest Portland sent 2 people to the hospital Thursday night.
Portland Fire & Rescue said crews responded around 8:30 p.m. to the apartment on the corner of Northwest 5th and Northwest Glisan.
When they got there, the fire was visible through a 3rd-floor window and crews were told a person was still inside.
Rescuers said they found a man inside as they worked their way through the apartment and they moved him outside where he was treated by medics at the scene.
He was transported to a nearby hospital, along with a second person who was walking outside and complaining of smoke inhalation.
Firefighters said the blaze was contained to the room it started in.
It wasn’t immediately clear what sparked the fire.