According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Portland leaders to discuss more PPB cuts, new city job
- UO: 5 Ducks back at practice after COVID false positive
- Candlelight vigil held for Philadelphia’s Walter Wallace
- Wildfire cleanup efforts continue in Santiam Canyon
- Missing woman’s kayak found floating empty on Lacamas Lake