PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A one-story house in SE Hillsboro went up in flames Saturday morning.

Hillsboro Fire and Rescue responded to reports of a residential fire near SE Brookwood Avenue and TV Highway.

Officials say they arrived to find heavy black smoke flowing from the house.

Fire crews worked quickly to fight the blaze and reported that it was put out at around 8:10 a.m.

Two individuals reportedly exited the house and were inspected by medics for non-life threatening.

Investigation allegedly revealed that the fire was started by an overloaded power strip.