PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Demonstrations outside the Justice Center in downtown Portland continued into the tenth night. Elsewhere in the city, thousands of protesters gathered at Irving Park after marching from Revolution Hall in Southeast Portland.

11:30 p.m.

The protesters at the Justice Center began throwing “full beverage containers, glass bottles, hard boiled eggs, rocks” and other items at police officers. They used sling shots to fire them from a block away and one Portland Fire Medic was hit in the stomach by a rock. A Molotov cocktail was thrown, but no one was hurt. An “unlawful assembly” was declared around midnight and after warnings, police began “clearing the crowd.”

It was during this time that at least 20 people were arrested and 4 vehicles towed.

11 p.m.

Police repeat their statements of criminal activity happening in the crowd outside the Justice Center. Authorities reported via Twitter that projectiles were being thrown and lasers were being pointed at officers.

Several hundred demonstrators remained in Chapman Square and outside the Justice Center. American Civil Liberties Union observers were visible around the edge of the crowd.

At 11:43 p.m. police declared the protest a “civil disturbance and unlawful assembly.”

“We are advising crowed to leave immediately. Disperse immediately. The downtown area is now closed between SW Natio and 13th and SW Lincoln to Burnside,” said police on Twitter.

10 p.m.

At the Justice Center, police could be heard addressing the crowd over the loudspeaker: “There is criminal activity occurring in the crowd. If you are a nonviolent demonstrator, we are asking you to leave now.”

Police said at one point the Elk Statue in Chapman Square was on fire, but “self-extinguished.”

TriMet moved all bus lines on the Portland Transit Mall from 5th and 6th Avenue to 10th and 11th Avenue due to protest activity.

9 p.m.

Demonstrators in Irving Park knelt for roughly nine minutes in a moment of silence.

At 9:30 p.m., a spokesperson for the Portland Police Bureau released an update via Twitter in which she said demonstration liaisons were out, connecting with participants at the two current demonstrations—Irving Park and Chapman Square.

“We support lawful engagement and first amendment rights, and support those who are managing events safely,” said Lt. Tina Jones.

The demonstration at Irving Park wrapped up shortly before 10 p.m.

8 p.m.

Faith leaders from across the Portland metro area stood in solidarity with protesters outside the Justice Center.

Thousands of protesters filled Irving Park. From the sound system in the park, speakers talked about the next steps for change. They said they are already in discussions with local leaders about their message, which includes defunding multiple law enforcement agencies including the Portland Police Bureau and its Gun Violence Reduction Team.

Another speaker talked about the need for lengthy protests and cited the Montgomery Bus Boycott, which went on for roughly a year.

Shortly before 8 p.m., protest activity briefly disrupted TriMet services for Line 8.