PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Nothing says summer like laying by the pool on a hot day.
And while it may not officially be summer until 3:07 a.m. Thursday, Portland’s seven outdoor pools open Tuesday.
Here are the outdoor pools the public can enjoy:
- Creston Pool — 4454 SE Powell Blvd.
- Grant Pool — 2300 NE 33rd Ave.
- Montavilla Pool — 8219 NE Glisan St.
- Penisula Pool — 700 N Rosa Parks Way
- Pier Pool — 9341 N St. Johns Ave.
- Sellwood Pool — 7951 SE 7th Ave.
- Wilson Pool — 1151 SW Vermont Ave.
Portland Parks and Recreations will offer swimming lessons all summer for all age groups and ability levels.
Aside from swim lessons, the pools will also offer a variety of fun events throughout the summer. Starting in August, “Dive-In” movies will give families a chance to watch a movie together while floating on an inner tube in extra warm water.
In addition, Portland Parks and Recreation has five indoor pools, which are open year-round.
- Columbia Pool — 7701 N Chautauqua Blvd.
- East Portland Pool — 740 SE 106th Ave.
- Matt Dishman Pool — 77 NE Knott St.
- Mt. Scott Pool — 5530 SE 72nd Ave.
- Southwest Pool — 6820 SW 45th Ave.