PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Protesters returned to Northeast Portland Saturday night to march in a demonstration that was declared as a riot by police before 8 p.m. after several businesses were vandalized. Police later rescinded that declaration less than an hour later after the crowd was dispersed.

An estimated 150 people marched to the Lloyd District from Irving Park Saturday evening. Police said people were marching along NE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd when some individuals began breaking the windows of businesses. Authorities tallied a total of ten businesses—from business offices to a community bank and even a restaurant “that was open at the time”—that were vandalized.

In response, at 7:45 p.m. on Twitter, Portland police declared a riot and told people to immediately leave the area. Police went on to say that some people had thrown projectiles at officers and “pepper sprayed community members.”

Less than an hour after the initial statement, police rescinded the riot declaration at 8:27 p.m., saying that “The rioters in the Lloyd District have been dispersed by officers.” Law enforcement monitored the area “for any further illegal activity.”

No arrests were made during the riot. Police said they are investigating the vandalism.

Protests continue in Vancouver

Across the river in Vancouver, demonstrations resumed in the wake of Kevin Peterson Jr.’s death, a Black man who was shot and killed by Clark County deputies on Thursday.

Earlier Saturday, Vancouver police stated that “Esther Short Park closed at 7pm. There will be no access to the park this evening,” but that didn’t stop protesters gathering at the park, with counter-protesters standing nearby. From the park, demonstrators could be heard chanting “Black Lives Matter” and “Say his name, Kevin Peterson,” while across the street, there was a patriot group waving Trump flags as part of a Back the Blue rally.

Around 10:30 p.m. BLM protesters began to march, getting close to the Interstate-5 before Vancouver police blocked their path and prevented them from getting on the highway. Authorities issued orders for people stay out of the street and remain on the sidewalk.

Follow reporter Jennifer Dowling for updates:

This is a developing story.