PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Four arrests were made after a hostile group of up to 100 people gathered near the PPB North Precinct, set dumpsters on fire, threw water bottles and blocked streets in what they said was solidarity with Kenosha, Wisconsin over the Jacob Blake decision.

Blake — the Black man shot by a police officer in Kenosha, Wisconsin in August 2020 — was paralyzed when he was shot. Wisconsin officials ruled Tuesday none of the officers involved would be charged.

The protesters blocked off MLK at Killingsworth, set two dumpsters on fire, threw water bottles at police and screamed epithets at the law enforcement officials throughout the night. At least one person deployed spikes which damaged police vehicle tires while several people destroyed security cameras at the precinct, attempted to pull down a fence and ripped electrical wires from walls. Police say some individuals spray-painted graffiti onto private and public buildings in the area as well.

Four people were ultimately arrested in the midst of the destruction.

Sean Bascom, 34, and Milton Waldrom, 24, were arrested and cited for trespassing and interfering with a peace officer. Adam Lindsay, 27, was arrested for trespassing and interfering with a peace officer and was then booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center. Jeffrey Alo Stone, 51, was also booked into the MCDC for disorderly conduct and five counts of attempted criminal mischief.

The dumpster fires were seen around 10:30 p.m. Minutes later, Portland police issued a loudspeaker warning about complying with orders or crowd control tactics and arrests could follow. However, the crowd refused to budge.

Later in the night, dozens of people gathered near the northeast corner of the precinct and some people began pulling down a fence. Once officers replaced it, people in the crowd removed it again. Police gave repeated directions to the crowd to leave the fencing alone and to return to the sidewalk, but people instead threw more items at officers and remained in the parking lot.

After fifteen minutes of this back-and-forth, officers moved toward the crowd and many people fled in various directions. Yet — once police moved back in an effort to allow protesters to disperse, a crowd gathered in the same area near the precinct building once again.

Police remained on the property and issued warnings to those trespassing to disperse or face the possibility of arrest, including the use of force up to and including the use of CS gas. Dozens of people remained despite the orders. After another half hour, police moved in and most people fled to the north and west.

Around 11:15 p.m., PPB patrol cars with lights and sirens blaring scattered the remaining protesters pretty effectively. No CS gas or other munitions were used by police.

The protest was posted by SafePDX earlier Tuesday. They met at Peninsula Park around 8 p.m. and marched toward the Portland Police Association building before changing directions for the North Precinct.

KOIN 6 News will have more information as it develops.