(CNN) — A powerful, heart-stopping PSA is shedding light on school shootings.
The terrifying events happen at alarming rates across the country and this new ad hopes to raise awareness for signs of violence in children — hopefully leading to an end to deadly school shootings.
The video shows kids sporting ordinary back-to-school items as a shooting unfolds and they have to protect themselves.
Twenty-six people, including 20 children, were shot and killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut in 2012.
Learn more about the organization hoping to prevent future tragedies at SandyHookPromise.org.
- The weekend wraps up breezy and wet
- Westview HS wins regional science bowl, advances to nationals
- Pedestrian seriously injured in W Burnside crash
- Dog trio Will, Grace and Karen find loving forever home
- A night of costumes, King Cake and more at Mardi Gras Ball
Follow KOIN 6 for the latest news and weather