(CNN) — A powerful, heart-stopping PSA is shedding light on school shootings.
The terrifying events happen at alarming rates across the country and this new ad hopes to raise awareness for signs of violence in children — hopefully leading to an end to deadly school shootings.
The video shows kids sporting ordinary back-to-school items as a shooting unfolds and they have to protect themselves.
Twenty-six people, including 20 children, were shot and killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut in 2012.
Learn more about the organization hoping to prevent future tragedies at SandyHookPromise.org.
- Oregon State announces new protections for old growth
- Deadly shooting in Hillsboro PD parking lot
- DA, student’s attorney respond to Parkrose HS video
- Brown to Trump: Oregon will accept refugees
- Ex-Linn Benton CC student gets prison in iPhone scam