PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — The Portland Trail Blazers announced the return of the Rip City Rally today. The event, now in its seventh season, is a chance for fans in outlying Oregon communities to come together and celebrate the Trail Blazers success. The franchise is about to enter its 50th season in the NBA, and is planning special events all season to mark the anniversary, including the Rip City Rally.
“The legacy of this franchise and the dedicated, passionate support of our fans deserves something special to mark 50 years. The Rip City Rally is a great opportunity to bring the energy and excitement of the Trail Blazers 50th Anniversary Season to fans all over Oregon,” said President and CEO of the Trail Blazers and Rose Quarter, Chris McGowan.
Each rally includes events for children, school assemblies, youth basketball clinics, a free community fair and a ceremonial flag raising. Trail Blazers alumni, broadcasters, the BlazerDancers and others will appear at each rally.
Below are the locations for each Rip City Fair along the Rally route:
- Baker City, September 9 – Main Street between Washington and Court
- La Grande, September 10 – Adams Ave between 3rd and 4th
- Hermiston, September 11 – Hermiston Community Center Parking Lot
- The Dalles, September 12 – Cascade Square Parking Lot
- Sandy, September 13 – Scales Ave between Proctor and Pioneer