PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — With triple-digit heat hitting the Pacific Northwest starting Sunday, counties are activating cooling shelters to protect residents.
Below is a list of the cooling center locations and hours by county in the Portland and Vancouver metro areas.
Day Cooling Centers
- Matt Dishman Community Center
- Peninsula Park Community Center
- St. Johns Community Center
- Community Technology Space
- Montavilla Community Center
- Hollywood Senior Center
- Urban League of Portland
- Impact NW Multicultural Service Center
- Charles Jordan Community Center
- East Portland Community Center
All Multnomah County libraries will have water bottles and indoor cooling spaces during regular business hours. However, a reminder to residents: some libraries, including the Central Library in downtown Portland, are closed during major construction projects. Click here for a full list of libraries and their hours. And another reminder: Multnomah County libraries do not allow pets, with the exception of service animals.
Outdoor Splash Pads and Fountains
Multnomah County also has a number of outdoor splash pads and water fountains for people to cool off in. Click here for an interactive map.
- Beaverton Community Center: 12350 SW 5th St.
- Beaverton City Library (Cathy Stanton Room): 12375 SW 5th St., Beaverton
- Beaverton City Library at Murray Scholls: 11200 SW Murray Scholls Pl, Beaverton
- Conestoga Recreation and Aquatic Center: 9985 SW 125th Ave.
- Splash Pad: Cedar Hills Park: 2300 SW Cedar Hills Blvd
- Splash Pad: Timberland Park: 11600 NW Stone Mountain Ln, Portland
- The Tigard Public Library: 13500 SW Hall Blvd, Tigard
- The Tigard Senior Center: 8815 SW Omara St, Portland
- St. Anthony’s Catholic Church: 12520 SW Grant St.
- Aloha Community Library: 17455 SW Farmington Rd, Ste. 26A
- Banks Public Library: 42461 NW Market St.
- Bethany Community Library: 15325 NW Central Dr, Ste. J-8
- Virginia Garcia Cornelius Wellness Center: 1151 N. Adair St.
- Cornelius Public Library: 1370 N. Adair St.
- Forest Grove City Library: 2114 Pacific Ave.
- Garden Home Community Library: 7475 SW Oleson Rd
- Brookwood Library: 2850 NE Brookwood Pkwy
- Shute Park Library: 775 SE 10th Ave.
- Hillsboro Civic Center: 120 E Main St.
- Cloverleaf Building – Washington County Fairgrounds: 802 NE 28th Ave.
- Downtown Hillsboro water dispenser: SE 2nd Ave and E. Main St.
- Shute Park water dispenser: 750 SE 8th Ave
- Butternut Creek Park splash pad: 7830 SW Deline St.
- Civic Center Plaza splash pad: 150 E Main St
- Magnolia Park splash pad: 1810 NW 192nd Ave.
- Orenco Station Plaza splash pad: 943 NE Orenco Station Loop
- Walnut Street Park splash pad: 1717 SE Walnut St
- King City City Hall: 15300 SW 116th Ave
- North Plains Public Library: 31334 NW Commercial St
- Sherwood Public Library: 22560 SW Pine St
- Sherwood Center for the Arts: 22689 SW Pine St
- Cannery Square Park splash pad: 22622 SW Pine St
- Snyder Park splash pad: 15365 SW Sunset Blvd
- Tualatin Public Library: 18878 SW Martinazzi Ave
- Juanita Pohl Center: 8513 SW Tualatin Rd
- Wilsonville Public Library: 8200 SW Wilsonville Rd
- West Slope Community Library: 3673 SW 78th Ave.
- Ledding Library | 10660 SE 21st Ave., open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday noon to 6 p.m.
- Oak Lodge Library | 16201 SE McLoughlin Blvd Oak Grove | Open Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Thursday noon to 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Happy Valley Library | 13793 SE Sieben Park Way, open Wednesday and Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Estacada Community Watch | 200 SW Clubhouse Dr, outdoor facility opens at least eight hours when temps hit 98 degrees or more
- Estacada Public Library | 825 NW Wade St., open Wednesday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday and Friday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Lake Oswego Library | 706 4th St., open Wednesday and Thursday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lake Oswego Adult Community Center | 505 G Ave, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Canby Adult Center | 1250 S. Ivy St., open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Canby Public Library | 220 NE 2nd Ave., open Wednesday and Thursday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Denny’s Restaurant | 1329 SE 1st Ave., available for those needing to cool off for an hour, no obligation to buy, open 24/7
- Zoar Lutheran Church | 190 SW 3rd Ave., open when temps reach more than 90 degrees from noon to 11 p.m. or until temperatures go below 85 degrees
- Molalla Public Library | 201 E 5th St, Friday-Monday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday noon to 8 p.m., Wednesday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Gladstone Library | 135 E Dartmouth St., open Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Thursday noon to 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Gladstone Senior Center | 1050 Portland Ave., Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Oregon City Public Library | 606 John Adams St., Monday-Friday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday noon to 5 p.m.
- Rivercrest Park Splash Pad | 131 Park Dr, open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Library Park Spraypark | 606 John Adam St., open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Oregon City Pool | 1211 Jackson St., open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., free
- Sandy Public Library | 38980 Procto Blvd., open Wednesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m., water is available
- Hoodland Public Library | 24525 E Welches Road, open Wednesday through Friday from noon to 6 p.m., Saturday noon through 5 p.m., closed Sunday
- West Linn Public Library | 1595 Burns St., open Wednesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- St. Paul’s Church | 1309 Franklin St., open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Marshall Community Center | 1009 E McLoughlin Blvd, open Wednesday and Thursday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Three Creek Community Library | 800 NE Tenney Road, open Thursday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Vancouver Mall Library | 8700 NE Vancouver Mall Drive #285, open Thursday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cascade Park Community Library | 600 NE 136th Ave., open Thursday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Firstenburg Community Center | 700 NE 136th Ave., open Monday Thursday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Ridgefield Community Library | 210 N Main Ave., open Thursday and Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Battle Ground Community Library | 1207 SE 8th Way, open Thursday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Camas Public Library | 625 NE 4th Ave., open Wednesday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Thursday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- La Center Community Library | 1411 NE Lockwood Creek Road, open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Washougal Community Library | 1661 C St., open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Washougal Community Center | 1681 C St., open 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Yacolt Library Express | 105 E Yacolt Road, open Wednesday and Thursday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday through Sunday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.