PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Batten down the hatches, things are about to get stormy!
The heaviest rain and strongest wind arrives early Saturday. Wind calms in the afternoon, but rain continues through evening.
There will be scattered showers and chilly temps on Sunday. Snow levels drop from 3500 feet early Saturday to 2000 feet by Saturday night.
- Power outages possible
- Ponding on roads from heavy rain
- 3-7 inches of snow possible in places of 1,500 feet altitude or more along the Oregon Coast
- 1-2 inches of rain possible by late Saturday in the Willamette Valley
- Tough travel over the passes (heavy snow and strong wind)
- 12-24 inches of snow is possible on Mt. Hood
- High Wind Warning at the coast on Saturday from 1 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Winter Weather advisory along the Central and North Oregon Coast from 10 p.m. Saturday until 10 p.m. Sunday
- Wind advisory in Willamette Valley Friday 10 p.m. to Saturday 10 a.m.
- Winter Storm Warning in Cascades Saturday 8 a.m. to Sunday 8 a.m.
Have a cozy weekend. Try to stay dry and GO TIMBERS!!