PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A weather system could bring snow to parts of Oregon this weekend.
With that, the Oregon Department of Transportation is reminding drivers to be ready and take a few safety precautions if they’re driving in higher elevations.
- Slow down and turn off cruise control
- Keel the fuel tank full in case you get stuck at a road closure
- Carry emergency supplies like water, food, warm clothes and a flashlight
- Increase your following distance
- Keep your cell phone charged but don’t use it while driving